[AccessD] Multiple Users Question - Replicated Database

Anita Smith anitatiedemann at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 00:24:10 CDT 2007

Julie,
I am assuming that you are using SQL Server.

If you set the field as follows:
* Identity Yes - (NOT FOR REPLICATION )
* Increment (by1)

Then SQL Server will automatically assign a new unique number for every
record entered. SQL server keeps its own list of ID's and each subscriber
has its own range of IDs.

It is critical that you set the range sizes when you publish the database
as that is what SQL server uses to assign the ranges.

As you can imagne, you won't get a neat list of ID's in sequential order,
but you will eventually get to know the ranges and you will be able to
establish who created the record just by looking at ID.

Anita