[AccessD] Database Patent...sort of....kinda

Dian nd500_lo at charter.net
Sun Sep 16 17:37:50 CDT 2007

OK...I give up...I've thought about this all weekend and I'm supposed to
have an answer tomorrow and I don't. This is ethical and moral and legal, I
think. Years ago, I worked for a title insurance company that dealt with
timeshares. At their request, I created an application to deal with some of
the special issues that affect timeshares and title insurance. That was my
first Access database. I left the company and the database...it belonged to
them. No problem. I went to work for another title company and created the
database application they needed to deal with their timeshare issues (didn't
use the old one....sorta recreated a new one). So far, so good. Not a moral
or ethical issue involved. That company fell apart and I moved on. Now, the
unethical part. The company fell apart and I took the the database home with
me because nobody cared. I "play" with it...have test data, etc., easily
available and I have implemented a number of the ideas I've gleaned from
this group (for which I will always be grateful)...now comes the ethical
question: Owner A couldn't care less (they don't do timeshares now); Owner B
is out of business entirely. IF I choose to work with C, am I doing anything
wrong by using the framework I've "played" with over the years. My
apologies...I know this is weird...but, honestly, I have no clue who else to
ask. Thank you...