[AccessD] {Accessd] ODBC driver to Oracle to enable Access queries

Hale, Jim Jim.Hale at FleetPride.com
Tue Sep 18 10:20:02 CDT 2007

ODBC connections over long distances has never worked for me- too slow
and prone to corruption. Pass through queries, OTOH, have always worked
well for me since the heavy lifting is done on the host machine and only
the result set is delivered to Access.

Jim Hale

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Bill Morrill
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:49 AM
To: Accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] {Accessd] ODBC driver to Oracle to enable Access
queries

 9-18-07

I have a client who wishes to link up to Oracle databases in several US
cities. These hookups would be up to 1000 miles from his office.   He
wants
to use an Access ODBC driver via the Internet to enable Access querying.
He
has asked me to check this out as to the whys and wherefores.

Help!!!!!.   Is it possible to do this?  Any books/articles on this
topic?

Thanks in advance,

Bill