[AccessD] SQL against recordset

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Sep 19 04:42:41 CDT 2007

Hi Mark

Did you read the post from Shamil:

"The Baker's Dozen: A 13-Step Crash Course for Using LINQ":

<quote>

LINQ is a set of extensions to the .NET Framework to query different types of data using a common language. Orcas Beta 1 features the following LINQ capabilities within .NET:

Querying Microsoft SQL Server data using a strongly-typed DataContext (LINQ to SQL)
Querying in-memory .NET objects (LINQ to Objects)
Querying .NET DataSets (LINQ to DataSets)
Querying XML Data (LINQ to XML)

</quote>

Using LINQ with a DataSet might be faster than your current solution.

/gustav

>>> markamatte at hotmail.com 18-09-2007 16:29 >>>
The Recordset was retrieved from the (local) Access database...and as a
snapshot, it was only twice as slow...so far...unless I'm doing something
way off here...running 10K SQL statements seems to be fastest...but I'm
having a hard time accepting that.

Thanks,

Mark A. Matte