[AccessD] credentials

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 19 17:07:00 CDT 2007

Before launching into any contract I spent as much time researching the
contact person/ company as I do the contract.

Check things like university/college trained, hobbies, locations, any news
or personal comments, MySpace, FaceBook, pictures, Blogs, local newspapers
related to the perspective client. Then there are business contacts,
previous work done and if a lot of money is involved I will pay for a credit
check.

Someone with very little information on them I trust even less as I always
wonder what they are hiding. Honest people don't hide. Suspicious people
usually have a good reason to be very cautious... and a business venture can
go strange very fast if one of the participants is carrying baggage.

I have found information acquired from the BBB is not worth anything. Unless
the member has not paid their dues there is no negative info on them. Even
formal complaints are viewed as confidential until the member has been
charged and convicted.... We had this company in court 3 times, for breach
of contract before they finally forced to declared bankruptcy and their
'Member in Good Standing' endorsement was removed from the BBB roles.

Jim