[AccessD] Resume command problem

Gmail max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 02:20:10 CDT 2007

I would change your code to:

Private Sub StartDate_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
    If Forms![frm Manifold Chart]!StartDate > Forms![frm Manifold
Chart]!EndDate Then
      MsgBox "Invalid Date. Start date must be before end date"
	cancel = true
    End If
End Sub

Also if "frm Manifold Chart" is your current form where this code exists
(and I suspect it is) then change it to

Private Sub StartDate_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
    If Me!StartDate > Me!EndDate Then
     MsgBox "Invalid Date. Start date must be before end date"
	cancel = true
    End If
End Sub

But, presumably your user will enter the Startdate before the Enddate.  I
would put some code in the OnCurrent:

me!EndDate.enabled = not isnull(me!StartDate)

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE of the whole thing:

Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Current()
  Me!EndDate.Enabled = Not IsNull(Me!StartDate)
End Sub

Private Sub StartDate_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
  If Me!StartDate > Me!EndDate Then
    MsgBox "Invalid Date. Start date must be before end date"
    Cancel = True
  ElseIf IsNull(Me!StartDate) Then
    MsgBox "You must enter a start date"
    Cancel = True
  Else
    Me!EndDate.Enabled = True
    Me!EndDate.SetFocus
  End If
End Sub
Private Sub EndDate_Exit(Cancel As Integer)
  If Me!EndDate < Me!StartDate Then
    MsgBox "Your End Date cannot be before the Start Date"
    Cancel = True
  ElseIf IsNull(Me!EndDate) Then
    MsgBox "You must enter an End Date"
    Cancel = True