[AccessD] Help with code

Klos, Susan Susan.Klos at fldoe.org
Wed Sep 26 12:52:00 CDT 2007

=======Are you doing this in Access or Excel?

Susan H.

Susan:  I am in Accesst. <<Sue>>

No code necessary.  Here's an example of how to do this with a query, on

tblGrades.  There are three fields.  Student, GradeLevel and GPA:

SELECT T1.Student, T1.GradeLevel, T1.GPA, (SELECT Count(*) FROM

tblGrades WHERE GradeLevel=T1.GradeLevel) AS [Kids in Grade], (SELECT

Count(*) FROM tblGrades WHERE GradeLevel=T1.GradeLevel and GPA>=T1.GPA)

AS [Rank in Grade]

FROM tblGrades AS T1;

The last two columns will return the number of students in that grade,

and the rank of that student within that grade.

Drew

Drew, the query would work fine except I need it to rank the lowest
score as 1.  I tried sorting the score but neither ascending or
descending seems to make a difference. <<Sue>>

Susan Klos

Evaluation and Reporting

325 W. Gaines Street

Tallahassee, FL  32399

850-245-0708

susan.klos at fldoe.org <mailto:susan.klos at fldoe.org>

Please take a few minutes to provide feedback on the quality of service you received from our staff. The Department of Education values your feedback as a customer. Commissioner of Education Jeanine Blomberg is committed to continuously assessing and improving the level and quality of services provided to you.Simply use the link below.  Thank you in advance for completing the survey.

http://data.fldoe.org/cs/default.cfm?staff=Susan.Klos@fldoe.org|13:52:00%20Wed%2026%20Sep%202007