[AccessD] Mucking around

Robert L. Stewart robert at webedb.com
Thu Sep 27 10:44:16 CDT 2007

Mark,

Actually "mucking it up" if you do it any other way.
It is called normalization.  Let me guess, you wanted
to put all of the lookups into a single table and use
something like a category and then queries at each
combobox to limit them to a category. Why has this
design not died the death it deserves? Why do people
continue to try and use it?

Also a dogmatic Sagittarian, and a normalization purist.

And, yes, I have separate tables for things as simple
as Name Suffix. I do not care if there are only 3 or 4
records in the table. About the only thing I do not put
in a lookup is gender. And if someone comes up with a
3rd alternative, I will probably change that to a table
also. :-)

Robert