[AccessD] Use Regex - Create Camel Case

max.wanadoo at gmail.com max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:39:57 CDT 2007

John,

Or flip it viz:

Function dbc()
	MsgBox pfGetGoodChars("APN SEQUENCE #$%NUMBER")
End Function

Public Function pfGetGoodChars(str2Parse As String) As String
  Const conGoodChars As String = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" ' valid
characters
  Const conQuote As String = """"
  Dim lng As Long, strTemp As String, bFlipCase As Boolean
  str2Parse = UCase(Left(str2Parse, 1)) & LCase(Mid(str2Parse, 2))
  For lng = 1 To Len(str2Parse)
    If InStr(conGoodChars, Mid(str2Parse, lng, 1)) > 0 Then
      If bFlipCase = True Then
        strTemp = strTemp & UCase(Mid(str2Parse, lng, 1))
        bFlipCase = False
      Else
        strTemp = strTemp & Mid(str2Parse, lng, 1)
      End If
    Else
      bFlipCase = True
    End If