[AccessD] A2K - Locking Problem

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Sep 28 09:54:20 CDT 2007

Reuben,

  That can be caused by a few things, but the first thing is to check and
make sure that there are no open locks and kill them if there are.  This can
be done by rebooting the server or:

1. Get all the users out.

2. On the server, right click on My Computer, select manage.  Go to Shared
Folders, then open files.  See if any references exist to the MDB file.  If
so right click on the correct file and then select close.   Now see if you
can delete the .LDB file.

3. If nothing shows, then the network session that had the lock may already
be closed, but the lock may still be there.
  Use the utility here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/handle.mspx to check
for open handles against the MDB and close them if they exist.  You now can
delete the .LDB file.

Jim.