[AccessD] Access and MYSQL

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Tue Apr 8 20:02:42 CDT 2008

Hi Darren,

Yes, I have done this a couple of times.

You need to install a MySQL ODBC driver, which is a free download - I
can dig out details if you can't find it.  When I did it, I created a
DSN on the client machine, which is easy.  It is possible to do a
"DSN-less" connection, but I have no experience with that.

After that, the MySQL tables can pretty much be treated the same as any
linked backend tables.

Regards
Steve