[AccessD] Alias Table Name

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Apr 14 18:52:57 CDT 2008

Not in this case.  No source.

Rocky

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Gary Kjos
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 8:45 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Alias Table Name

If you show the properties for the query and then click somewhere on the
aliased table you will see the real source for the table or query.

I use an alias name in a update query that I have a new version of a table
every week and don't want to have to rekey a lot of table names in the
update line, so I alias it to "Old" and then each week I just have to remove
last weeks Old and replace it with this week's old and re-alias it.

GK

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software
<rockysmolin at bchacc.com> wrote:
> Dear List:
>
>  In a legacy app I came across some queries which in the QBE had
> 'alias'ed  tables (or maybe queries).  one called P was joined to one
> called A.  The  list of field names didn't correspond to any table.
> There are a lot of  queries so I didn't look through them to see if a
> query matched the field  list in either P or A.
>
>  But I've never seen this done.  Why would you do this?  How can you
> tell  what the source of the fields in the aliased table is?  Is there
> some  performance gain or other reason for doing this?
>
>  MTIA,
>
>  Rocky
>

>  --

Gary Kjos