[AccessD] Transfer data from email to Access

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Apr 15 09:41:34 CDT 2008

Hi Susan

" .. but that restricts the sender to using" Word. That isn't much better.

Access 2007 has an in-built feature for this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2006/06/30/data-collection-through-email.aspx

Perhaps someone has gained some experience with this?

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at gmail.com 15-04-2008 16:13 >>>
Last summer I wrote an article on using Word forms to collect and transfer
data to an Access database.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/howdoi/?p=187

You don't really need to read the article to answer the following question,
but thought I'd include the link just in case.

A reader wants to collect the data using a Word form and then send the form
via Email and transfer to Access on the other end.

I don't think this is the right technique for that type of venture. First, I
thought using an Outlook custom form would be easier, but that restricts the
sender to using Outlook. Please don't suggest a .NET form -- if this reader
knew .NET, he wouldn't be asking for help.

Any suggestions?

Susan H.