[AccessD] BE on a Network Storage Device..???

Bill Patten bill_patten at embarqmail.com
Tue Apr 15 12:17:41 CDT 2008

Robert,

I have a client where we moved the BE (MDB) from a local PC to the server
farm. The program ran so slow (we thought it was a network issue) that we
moved it back to a local PC. Recently for backup issues we moved it back to
the server farm. Same problem. I was talking to one of their IT people and I
found out (to my surprise) that the MDB was being placed on a NAS with.Raid
5. The IT and I discussed the problem, and he said he had heard that the NAS
could not handle multiple connections as well as a PC. I do not know if this
is true, just pass it on for you to check on. Our solution is to move them
to a SQL server backend, which has to go on a Server not the NAS.

Hope this helps.

Bill