[AccessD] Filter by Form stuff

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:06:01 CDT 2008

I tried that and what I got was bizarre. Assume that I have a pair of
dropdowns that are record-selectors. They start out with rows for every
record. Then the user elects to filter-by-form. Now I need to repopulate the
dropdowns to contain only the matching rows. Let's say the original number
of rows was 1000 and the new number of filtered rows is 100, because the
user selected to filter by Region or something else, or some combination of
values. When I inspect the me.filter value, it is weird and mentions
something I have never encountered before. Its value begins with "Lookup_*",
where "*" means anything you selected. It's easy enough to replace all this
with a call to Replace() but I have to think there is a more intelligent way
to do this. However I have never walked down this particular Access path so
it's all new to me.

Thanks for your help. I'm still working on ways to solve this one. Yours
didn't work, but I'm still trying.

A.