[AccessD] Bypassing Default start up behavior

McGillivray, Don [IT] Donald.A.McGillivray at sprint.com
Wed Apr 16 13:00:05 CDT 2008

Esteemed Listers,

I can hold the shift key while starting my app (assuming the shift key bypass is enabled) to bypass the default start up behavior, but is there any way to mimic this behavior in code, say triggered by a value passed on the command line using the /cmd switch?  I've succeeded in using this approach to circumvent code that runs at startup, but it does nothing to interrupt the other startup defaults (hiding the DB window, dis/enabling special keys, etc.)  I'm trying to create a desktop shortcut that runs in bypass mode with just a click, instead of having to hold the shift key while firing it.

Any and all ideas in this direction appreciated . . .

Don McGillivray