[AccessD] Rename All Files In A Folder

Thu Apr 17 08:21:55 CDT 2008

<Air code>

Sub RenameFiles(strFolder as String,strFind as String,strReplace as String)

Dim strFile as String
Dim strNew as String
strFile = Dir(strFolder & "*.*")
While strFile & "" > ""
   strNew = Relpace(strFile,strFind,strReplace)
   if strFile <> strNew Then
	Name strFolder & strFile, strFolder & strNew
   End IF
   strFile = Dir()
Wend
End Sub
</Air Code>

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 7:26 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Rename All Files In A Folder

Please ignore email about renaming, blonde moment came to an end......

Message Received: Apr 17 2008, 12:23 PM
From: paul.hartland at fsmail.net
To: "accessd"
Subject: [AccessD] Rename All Files In A Folder

To all,

Sorry about the post, I am sure that I have done this before and is simple
but having a blonde day today (no offence to any blondes out there).....I
want a function so that I can pass a folder location and two strings to,
then the function to rename all the files that contain stringA in them to
stringB. For example say I have a folder called staff, and inside that
folder contained a file called 999999_ThisIsAnExample. I want to pass Staff,
999999, 999998 to the function so that 999999_ThisIsAnExample would become
999998_ThisIsAnExample and do the same with any other file in that folder
that had a 999999 in the filename.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at fsmail.net