[AccessD] Moving to Access 2007 - Here we go... (Resending...)

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 22:33:20 CDT 2008

Hi:
I am currently struggling with Access 2007 for a client who is running mixed
Windows XP/Office 2003 and Windows Vista/Office 2007.  Some of the problems
I have had with Access 2007:

1. Popup windows showing at approximately the size of the mouse cursor;
windows can't be resized.
2. Access 2003 databases converted to Access 2007 format have a crippled
Navigation Pane.  A right mouse click on an item in the Nav Pane or the Nav
Pane header does not produce a context menu.
3. I'm not sure if this is an Access 2007 or Vista problem, but we have been
unable to put the database BE on any of the 2007/Vista machines. None of the
other networked FE can link to the BE data.
4. I've also had intermittent, unreproduceable crashes in Access 2007
version which don't occur in the 2003 version.  Unfortunately, I can't be on
site to monitor the database for a few days, and the client doesn't have
time right now to do anything but bypass them and tell me later.

I'd be very interested in hearing about anybody else's experiences with
2007.

Doug Steele