[AccessD] Moving to Access 2007 - Here we go... (Resending...)

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Apr 21 10:33:19 CDT 2008

I wouldn't call it worthless. Hackable, yes, easily hackable....yes.
But I can remove any Masterlock with a pair of bolt cutters too.  It's
still better to lock you stuff then to have it open to the world.
(Believe it or not, not everyone carries bolt cutters with them! ;) )

As for complex, actually, it was pretty simple to implement once you get
the basics down.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jim Dettman
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 8:12 AM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Moving to Access 2007 - Here we go...
(Resending...)

  Just to clarify a bit; security will work if you run a prior version
in
A2007 without converting, but once you convert to A2007 format your
loose
it.

<<Anybody find a substitution for security?>>

  Considering that it was worthless and complex in the first place, why
bother?

Jim.

Thanks everyone for your input. Very helpful.

Anybody find a substitution for security?

John