[AccessD] FW: Access 2007 (and other rants)

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Wed Apr 23 23:27:58 CDT 2008

"I'm moving clients into browser based"

this is exactly what I am thinking as well.  SQL Express Server at the back and Visual studio Web at the front.  Gotta learn that fast I think.

I heard a good reason as to why microsoft changed to the ribbon etc - it is only a theory but hey...  It was along the lines of there was very little to distinguish MS Office from all the other (often free) 'office' software out there, and they were starting to look and function fairly similar.  By introducing the ribbon and new GU, Microsoft are going for a unique look and feel that will be hard for others to duplicate - that is the theory anyway....