[AccessD] Secured Access Shortcut on VMWare Virtual Server

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sat Apr 26 15:40:01 CDT 2008

At an existing customer, I am trying to move my system to a virtual server
(VMWare) they have created for this application.  I use a shortcut to open
the FE, which uses an .mdw file for user names and passwords.

For this to work, the shortcut's target field needs three arguments: the
full path to MSAccess.exe, the full path to the FE .mdb, and then the full
path to the workgroup .mdw file.  However, the shortcut doesn't 'see' the
MSAccess.exe file - probably for the same reason that I can't see the
Microsoft Office folder under the Program Files folder (even though hidden
folders is on).

Access is installed somewhere, because I can open a new or existing
unsecured Access database.

Can something be changed so that the shortcut can see the full path to
Access?

Thanks!
Dan