[AccessD] Zip codes within 50 miles

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Apr 29 09:25:55 CDT 2008

John,

This was designed in 2002 most likely, though I always use the old 2000
file format.

I know absolutely nothing about 2007 so I can't speculate what is going
on there.

This may in fact be a Windows privilege kind of thing.  I found
something similar that turned out to be a property of the file itself.
Apparently at some point Windows started storing what computer the file
was created on (NTFS property), and then checks if the file was created
on a local system when it opens.  So it may in fact have nothing to do
with Access per se.  Once you "converted it down" the converted file WAS
created on your system so the "problem" went away.