[AccessD] Good advice Migrate 2.0 and A97 to XP: Advice and Cost???

Edward S Zuris edzedz at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 12:38:11 CDT 2008

 Good advice William.

 I have done fair amount of work moving
 Access 2.0 and its compatiblity layer,
 to newer versions of Access.

 It is mostly grunt work.  Some of the old
 API calls used in A2.0 and A97, like for tool
 tips, are now built into the newer versions
 of Msaccess.

 But it is grunt work.  Boring grunt work.

 Though sometimes you just find out what the
 VBA code intent is, and do a re-write.

 If you can keep the project in DAO the cost
 will be less.