[AccessD] Can I use a merge field on an Access report

Julie Williams juliew at umn.edu
Tue Apr 29 17:18:27 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I have written a report in Access 2003 that for various reasons refers to 2008-09 in about 15 different places, within the text; next year the report will have to be revised so that "2008-09" is updated to "2009-10".  I'm looking for an easy way to do this--something similar to the way a merge document works, I think--because I don't want to go back into the report and make all of those changes.

I was able to write all of the queries so that rather than defining the criteria as "2008-09" I refer to a tbl_target_year with one field and one record, and the record right now contains 2008-09.  Next year, the criteria in all of the queries will be updated as soon as I change the record to 2009-10.  Is there any way to easily and quickly update text on a report as the contents of a particular field changes, like you can do in a merge.

Thanks,
Julie