[AccessD] Sorry for joking around

Darryl Collins Darryl.Collins at coles.com.au
Tue Apr 29 20:47:54 CDT 2008

Hey Edward,

Don't ever sell yourself short, in fact, if someone thinks they can get someone to do a great job at $15/$25/$35/$45 p/h then let them do it and you take the week off.  You will find that the person will either take forever to do the job or make a mess of it, in my experience it is usually both.

I always asked clients to consider what having this job fouled up will cost them, plus the additional expense of paying someone to correct the problem at a much higher rate.

You are right though, some folks just don't want to pay. Best thing to do is to walk away.

In Oz the rates seem to offer wildly - the ones that make me laugh the most are the adverts that are seeking an expert in about 5 languages in 3 systems (and all for $40 a hour!).  yeah, if you know your stuff, there is no way you can be expert in that many different languages - or maybe I am just stupid :-/

cheers
Darryl