[AccessD] Access development on the wane?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Aug 1 05:50:44 CDT 2008

Hi Susan

We have zero new projects but still a good amount of maintenance and will probably have for years. However, unless a client should insist on using Access, any new project will be in .Net - so much more flexible and much easier to deploy/install.

I understand to some extent why MS has turned Access towards the user audience but it is a nightmare to deal with as a developer. Why couldn't MS have a command line switch like /develop that would strip the interface for everything leaving a clean window (as the runtime did in old days)?

/gustav

>>> ssharkins at gmail.com 31-07-2008 16:23 >>>
Although I think Access is still healthy and will be around for a long time,
readers are contacting me privately with concerns. Some of them aren't
getting as much Access work as they use to.

I'm just curious -- what are the contractors on this list experiencing --
have you noticed a slow down in Access development?

Susan H.