[AccessD] OT: Informal poll

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 12:16:32 CDT 2008

I actually joined 1 or 2 of these at the request of some past co-workers...but my true feellings:

Big Brother or marketing is probably behind it...but the allure is just more of that 'status crap' people want to be able to flaunt:  "I have this many people in my list...and some have recommended me as a good person."

You get a a few people on there...then every yuppie candy a$$ and corporate face person is on the band wagon because it is the 'new cool' thing to do.

I am sure I am ignorant on the true purpose/value of these sites...but so far I've seen them as a popularity contest.

Just my 2 cents.

Mark