[AccessD] Unbound box question

Wed Aug 6 14:24:20 CDT 2008

Open you form in design mode and go to the Format menu. There you will find
the magical world of 'Conditional Formatting' where what you want can be
achieved with no code.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
krosenstiel at comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:04 PM
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [AccessD] Unbound box question

I have the following behind an unbound box in a form (Yeah, I know. Don't
Start!). I also have a checkbox field called Inactivated on the form. How
could this be rewritten to have a record turn color (for example, light
yellow) when Inactivated is checked? Can I even do that in an unbound box?

SELECT tStaff.StaffID, [LastName] & IIf(IsNull([FirstName]),"",", " &
[FirstName]) & " -- " & [LanierID] AS Staff FROM tStaff ORDER BY [LastName]
& IIf(IsNull([FirstName]),"",", " & [FirstName]);

TIA

--
Karen Rosenstiel
Seattle WA USA