[AccessD] Centura

Robert L. Stewart robert at webedb.com
Fri Aug 8 10:07:17 CDT 2008

The product was reborn as Team developer by Unify.

It is not an open-source free developer tool.

See below...

Gupta Technologies, LLC was a software development company whose
principal products were the SQL relational database SQLBase, and a
Rapid application development system called Team Developer (formerly
SQLWindows).

The company was founded in 1984 by Umang Gupta, a former manager at
Oracle Corporation. Gupta's first product was SQLBase, followed by
SQLWindows, which combined SQLBase with a graphical user interface
and programming language for creating business applications.
SQLWindows was one of the first GUI development tools for Microsoft Windows.

The name of the company was changed to Centura Software in the late
1990s.[1] Centura Software filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in August
2001, and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission
revoked the registration of Centura's common stock in December 2004
[2]. After the bankruptcy, some assets were kept by a reborn Gupta
Technologies LLC, which was acquired by Unify Corporation in September, 2006.

Admin. Proc. File No. 3-11753

In the Matter of

Centura Software Corp.,

Respondent.

ORDER INSTITUTING PROCEEDINGS, MAKING FINDINGS, AND REVOKING
REGISTRATION OF SECURITIES PURSUANT TO SECTION 12(j) OF THE
SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934

I.

The Securities and Exchange Commission ("Commission") deems it
necessary and appropriate for the protection of investors that
proceedings be, and hereby are, instituted pursuant to Section 12(j)
of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act"), against
Centura Software Corp. ("Centura" or "Respondent").

II.

In anticipation of the institution of these proceedings, Respondent
has submitted an Offer of Settlement (the "Offer") which the
Commission has determined to accept. Solely for the purpose of these
proceedings and any other proceedings brought by or on behalf of the
Commission, or to which the Commission is a party and without
admitting or denying the findings herein, except as to the
Commission's jurisdiction over it and the subject matter of these
proceedings, Respondent consents to the entry of this Order
Instituting Proceedings, Making Findings, and Revoking Registration
of Securities Pursuant to Section 12(j) of the Securities Exchange
Act of 1934 ("Order"), as set forth below.

III.

On the basis of this Order and Respondent's Offer, the Commission finds that:

1. Centura (CIK No. 895021), a forfeited Delaware corporation that
was based in Redwood Shores, California, is a defunct computer
software company. The common stock of Centura has been registered
under Exchange Act Section 12(g) since February 16, 1993. The stock
is quoted on the Pink Sheets (symbol "MBNEQ"). The Respondent filed a
Chapter 11 proceeding on August 21, 2001.

2. Centura has failed to comply with Exchange Act Section 13(a) and
Rules 13a-1 and 13a-13 thereunder, while its common stock was
registered with the Commission in that it has not filed an Annual
Report on Form 10-K for any fiscal year subsequent to the fiscal year
ending December 31, 2000, or quarterly reports on Form 10-Q for any
fiscal period subsequent to its fiscal quarter ending March 31, 2001.

IV.

Section 12(j) of the Exchange Act provides as follows:

The Commission is authorized, by order, as it deems necessary or
appropriate for the protection of investors to deny, to suspend the
effective date of, to suspend for a period not exceeding twelve
months, or to revoke the registration of a security, if the
Commission finds, on the record after notice and opportunity for
hearing, that the issuer of such security has failed to comply with
any provision of this title or the rules and regulations thereunder.
No member of a national securities exchange, broker, or dealer shall
make use of the mails or any means or instrumentality of interstate
commerce to effect any transaction in, or to induce the purchase or
sale of, any security the registration of which has been and is
suspended or revoked pursuant to the preceding sentence.

In view of the foregoing, the Commission finds that it is necessary
and appropriate for the protection of investors to impose the
sanction specified in Respondent's Offer.

Accordingly, it is hereby ORDERED, pursuant to Section 12(j) of the
Exchange Act, that registration of each class of Respondent's
securities registered pursuant to Section 12 of the Exchange Act be,
and hereby is, revoked.