[AccessD] SQL 2005 - disambiguous DateTime format

Borge Hansen pcs.accessd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 03:05:33 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I SQL 2005 I have adopted to routine of always passing a DateTime format for
whatever purpose in the format of a string:

YYYY-MM-DD

in order to be sure that the date is interpreted correctly irrespective of
locale setting of the computer

Now some colleagues are telling me to use format DD-MMM-YYYY is the -only-
safe way.

I would think that both methods of passing a date would be -safe-

(To avoid misinterpretation of 4/8/2008 - is it 4 August 2008 or 8 April
2008?)

Any pointers to KB article or other than explains this in more detail?

Regards
Borge