[AccessD] Drawing on Ms Access Forms

A.D.Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Mon Aug 25 11:48:07 CDT 2008

Edz,

    My sample db named  Form_TimeLineDisplay, now available at Rogers Access Library, demonstrates display of time schedules as time line graphs.

Link - http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=45

    Various spells of time schedules (StartTime & EndTime) for a given task on given date get transformed into horizontal strips (each representing 15 minutes segment) via crosstab query. For example, a record having start & end times of 08:00 and 10:00 hrs respectively gets projected as 8 horizontal strips between 08 and 10 on the time line.

    Booked time strips falling between 06 to 22 hrs get highlighted in light blue, while those outside this span are colored pink. As the user carries out data entry, the time strip display gets updated simultaneously. Conditional formatting is used for implementing the color highlights. The effect is akin to a series of LED lights getting on or off as needed.

    For providing an overall view at a glance, two reports, showing the time lines for various dates and tasks have also been included. One report is sorted as per date / task while the other is sorted as per task / date.

    For ready reference, gist of time scheduling for given task on given date is also shown above the time line graph.

    The sample is in Access 2000 file format. Reference reqd: DAO 3.6

    You could adapt the underlying approach suitably, for your specific needs.

Best wishes,
A.D.Tejpal