[AccessD] Count Problem

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Mon Dec 8 15:44:17 CST 2008

What I am trying to do is do a count on the field status for each value it can contain for all the records in a table. If a count of the field returns zero I want to see NULL. If it returns any other value I want to see the actual value. Hope that makes sense. Here is whole SQL string

SELECT IIf([Stat_Code]="RP","RL",IIf([Stat_Code]="SP","SL",
[Stat_Code])) AS Status, [tbl Status Codes Active].Stat_Desc, DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)-1 AS StatusDate1, IIf(Count([Status])=0,Null,Count([Status])) AS StatusCount,
[tbl Status Codes Active].Area, [tbl Status Codes Active].UI,
[tbl Status Codes Active].SortOrderSummary
FROM [qry Well Status 1 Month Prior with Area]
RIGHT JOIN [tbl Status Codes Active] ON ([qry Well Status 1 Month Prior with Area].Status = [tbl Status Codes Active].Stat_Code)
AND ([qry Well Status 1 Month Prior with Area].Area = [tbl Status Codes Active].Area)
GROUP BY IIf([Stat_Code]="RP","RL",IIf([Stat_Code]="SP","SL",[Stat_Code])), [tbl Status Codes Active].Stat_Desc, DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)-1, [tbl Status Codes Active].Area, [tbl Status Codes Active].UI, [tbl Status Codes Active].SortOrderSummary;