[AccessD] unlock and edit text boxes moves to prior record

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at worldnet.att.net
Mon Dec 15 17:21:23 CST 2008

WinXP, Access 2000 / 2003

I have a form with text boxes that are locked .   Clicking the Edit button
unlocks all the text boxes to allow data to be changed.   For the past week
or so (after years of behaving normally in 2000), when I click the Edit
button and move to one of the text boxes, the length of the selected text is
not the same as the length of the actual text, and when I start to edit the
data, the data from the previous record is displayed, and then is replaced.
When I leave the record and go back to it, the record that had been selected
is not changed.  None of the other fields from the previous row are shown in
the other text boxes -- just the one used as the control for the text box I
edit.

I just tried it in 2003 and it behaves normally.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks
Carolyn Johnson
St Louis, MO