[AccessD] SMTP Server

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri Dec 19 09:40:01 CST 2008

SMTP Server - You can't beat Mercury Mail Server by David Harris (author of Pegasus Mail
as well).
http://www.pmail.com

Non-commercial use:  Mercury is free for non-commercial use. Individuals, families, non-
profit organizations and charities may use the program without charge for any number of
users, provided the program is not used to prepare, send or otherwise facilitate the
distribution of "spam" (unsolicited commercial e-mail).

Commercial use:  For commercial users (including academic institutions and government
bodies), the following fee table applies:

    * Up to 15 users - US$75 per server (1 support incident per year)
    * 16-100 users - US$195 per server (2 support incidents per year)
    * 101 or more users - US$295 per server (3 support incidents per year)
    * Site license (unlimited numbers of servers and users) - US$695 (includes 10 support
incidents per year)

Commercial organizations may install and run Mercury for up to sixty days (to allow
evaluation) before purchasing a license. What happens after sixty days? Nothing: the
program will continue to run with no changes at all, whether or not you obtain a license. The
requirement to license is a moral imperative, and at this stage is not directly enforced in the
program itself, although if too many people abuse this easygoing approach, we may adopt
stronger techniques in future.

If you need any help setting it up,  email me off list.