[AccessD] SMTP Service (was: calculation query)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Dec 23 04:29:47 CST 2008

Hi Max

Well, looks like you are down to basic systematic troubleshooting. Don't know what causes this error, but as the SMTP Service is widely used you can google on lots of stuff on all levels.
The event log may provide some hints.

/gustav

>>> max.wanadoo at gmail.com 23-12-2008 10:06 >>>
Gustave,
Now I have botched it up completely.  Whereas yesterday IIS was at least
responding, now it is saying:

Error: Connection to server was dropped.
SMTP server error
Error: Not a socket.
Error: Not a socket.

I was messing around within the IIS admin stuff and I stopped and then
restarted.  But apparently have done something...think I am going to give up
on this unless you can think of something.

thanks
Max