[AccessD] Editing default field content

paul.hartland at fsmail.net paul.hartland at fsmail.net
Fri Feb 1 09:28:42 CST 2008

On the GotFocus event of the control have something like the following:

me.yourfieldname.SelStart = Len(Trim(me.yourfieldname))

Paul Hartland

Message Received: Feb 01 2008, 03:23 PM
From: "John Clark"
To: "Access Developers discussion and problem solving"
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Editing default field content

I don't think I asked the question right. I've got it so that the "AB00" does show up in the field, but when you enter the field, the whole thing is highlighted. So, if you start typing, you are typing over the default "AB00", or you must press F2, or click at the end, to add to this, which you want to do, 90% of the time.

So, what I actually need to figure out is how to place the cursor, at the end of the default string, upon getting focus on the field.

John W. Clark
Computer Programmer
Niagara County
Central Data Processing

>>> "Susan Harkins" 1/31/2008 2:08 PM >>>
> When I enter the field, I want to avoid editing the whole field and be
> able to just pick up at the tail end of the default text of "AB00"

======You can add AB00 to the format.

Susan H.