[AccessD] Baffling Office Situation

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 06:51:46 CST 2008

I have recently created a problem with my installation of Office, and it's
driving me nuts. For some reason, DAO won't install. I have removed all
Office instances (2000, 2003 and the trial of 2007), then run the
"completely remove Office" utility, then re-installed again, beginning with
2000 -- to no avail. DAO doesn't install. It's driving me nuts, particularly
because I have to do some work on an existing app that uses DAO and I cannot
even get to Square One.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before? Any suggestions how I can
fix it? I do have one last resort, but it's inconvenient. I have another box
which is currently in storage about 60 miles away, and its installation is
fine. So if push comes to shove I can go get it, but it irks me that my main
box is suffering this problem.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Arthur