[AccessD] Report Subreport Problem X posted

Joe Hecht joe at anamericanjoe.us
Wed Feb 20 22:42:40 CST 2008

Hi gang. Back for a few for some help please.

I am working on a report that for each product in an order will make a list
of what pieces need to packed and how many of them.

I think my queries good.

qryPackListBuild1

SELECT tblNewOrders.OrderID, tblNewOrders.txtQBInvoice,
tblNewOrders.txtOrderBy, tblNewOrders.txtShipTo,
stblOrderDetail.cboSorderOurPartName, stblOrderDetail.txtsorderQuantity

FROM tblNewOrders LEFT JOIN stblOrderDetail ON tblNewOrders.OrderID =
stblOrderDetail.txtFKOrderID;

qryPackListBuild2

SELECT qryPackListBuild1.OrderID, qryPackListBuild1.txtQBInvoice,
qryPackListBuild1.txtOrderBy, qryPackListBuild1.txtShipTo,
qryPackListBuild1.cboSorderOurPartName, qryPackListBuild1.txtsorderQuantity,
tblOurParts.txtOurDesc, stblOurParts.txtPieceCode,
stblOurParts.txtPieceDesc, stblOurParts.txtPieceQuantity

FROM (tblOurParts INNER JOIN qryPackListBuild1 ON tblOurParts.cboOurPartName
= qryPackListBuild1.cboSorderOurPartName) INNER JOIN stblOurParts ON
tblOurParts.txtOurPartID = stblOurParts.txtOurPartID;

When I try to print (preview the report), it lists all the pieces for all
the products.  I want it to list product 1 and all the pieces to complete
the order for product 1. and then a new group for each additional product in
that order.

I have tried using the grouping but not gotten the results I want.

Any one have an idea?

TIA

Joe Hecht

Joe at anamericanjoe.us