[AccessD] Word constant list for VBA

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Feb 21 20:56:53 CST 2008

Wow!  Now that is service.

Thanks Stuart.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:08 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Word constant list for VBA

I've got a little "Com Browser" utility that comes with PowerBasic

"The PowerBASIC COM Browser is an application that exposes the Interfaces,
Methods and Properties of COM Objects, as described by type-library files.
The PowerBASIC COM Browser serves a dual purpose - to export an Interface
Structure of a COM Object for early-binding purposes in your PowerBASIC
code, and to provide syntax reference and context-help on the Interface
members exposed by a COM Object."

I've just run it on my "Microsoft Word 10.0 Object Library 8.2" and
extracted the 2674 enumerations to a text file - only a few seconds work.
It took another 30 seconds with a good text editor using Find/Replace to
turn the whole file into a set of Const Public declarations suitable for use
in VBA.

I've uploaded it to http://www.lexacorp.com.pg/Misc/WordEnums.zip

Enjoy,
Stuart