[AccessD] (no subject) Lookup methods?

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:43:28 CST 2008

Karen,

You could create a form that looks up(and displays) all customer names in a dropdown...and you select the one you want...then have your report/query look at the form to get your criteria.

Good luck,

Mark A. Matte> From: krosenstiel at comcast.net> To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com> Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:34:52 +0000> Subject: [AccessD] (no subject)> > >From a patient database in Access 2003, I want to pick the right patient for a report of individual details. I have fields Lname, Fname and Mname. In the query on the Lname field I have the following as the criteria:> > Like "*" & [Enter Last Name] & "*"> > This works fine to pick all the Johnsons, including "Johnson, Jr." However, the report is then returning all the Johnsons in sequence, but I only want 1 particular Johnson with his/her individual details. How do I get the query to give me a list of "Johnsons," including first and middle names, from which I can pick the right patient to plop into the report?> > MTIA -- and please keep it simple, I'm not very advanced with Access> > > --> Karen Rosenstiel> Seattle WA USA> -- > AccessD mailing list> AccessD at databaseadvisors.com> http://databaseadvisors.com/mailman/listinfo/accessd> Website: http://www.databaseadvisors.com