[AccessD] (no subject)

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Feb 25 11:52:09 CST 2008

You can't use like to get an exact match, except by accident.  Are you
doing this from a form?  If so, a combobox populated with the "Like"
results would allow the user to select the particular individual for the
report.  Unfortunately, if your data is keyed only on LName and FName,
you won't be able to handle people with the same name.  And comboboxes
give you the first match, so the underlying value needs to be a
concatenation of the first and lastname fields.  If you are just looking
at the results of a query, then you need to add a criteria "Like"
expression under the FName field too, on the same line in the grid so
that you create and And condition.

We need more information about exactly what you're doing to advise you
appropriately.

Charlotte Foust