[AccessD] 'Cascade' within a single combo box...

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Thu Feb 28 01:03:59 CST 2008

Darryl,

Make a query, that includes 2 input tables:
- the table that your form is bound to
- the table that provides the Row Source for the combobox.

Join them on the field that is the combobox's Bound Column.

Make this as a Left Join (i.e. all from the lookup table, and matching
records from the main table).

In the criteria of the relevant field from the main table, enter:
Is Null

Also enter whatever criteria you need in order to select the records
that relate to the Record Source of the form.

Save and name this query.

Ok, now on the Enter event of the combobox, code like this:
    Me.NameOfCombobox.RowSource = "NameOfAboveMentionedQuery"

... and on its Exit event:
    Me.NameOfCombobox.RowSource = "NameOfYourLookupTable"

Regards
Steve