[AccessD] Access 2007

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Wed Jan 9 15:34:35 CST 2008

<<<
LOL, well there must be something wrong since
the whole world is not buying in.

Russia is a Wonderland you know :) (Just kidding...)

<<<
Vista just has a reputation of creating a ton of problems, many of them in
the Digital Rights world,

Well, I do use software from official MSDN and it works well...
The issue of not being able to read DVDs with the copies of my files I made
on my desktop is solved here with using FAR manager - it does read these
DVDs well under Vista...

The issues with making setups of custom software for Vista e.g. by using
INNO-Setup are getting solved "automagically" by INNO-setup creating proper
manifest files...

<<<
many more in performance.

In fact under Vista on the same Dual Core Pentium my software runs faster
than under W2k3...

<<<
You do, so tell us,
what does Vista do for you that is the "killer app" that makes you think it
rocks?

I like its graphics... :)
I like the feature of 3d view of windows of currently running apps...
As I wrote above under vista everything I use usually runs faster on the
same dual core processor... :)
I just like it because as far as I see it's a very good professional work of
MS engineers - I just like it...

<<<
Why would my business users (clients) pay tens of thousands of
dollars to upgrade every machine in the house?

That's a rock stable OS for the next 5-10 years therefore investments should
pay back during this period in time... Why your customers buy new cars,
factories, houses?...

I'm not "preaching" for Vista - I just like it :)

If you and your customer do not like it and do not see how its purchase and
installation can pay back and bring good profits - do not use it :)

Again, I just like it as great modern mature OS software...

I like it by heart and eyes, and I neglect all the other issues :)

That's it I can tell about it.

John, sorry for my being so short in my words, and not-informative, and
probably not-convincing for you and your customers...

You can try to avoid using this "MS-bulldozer"...

I'd better drive it/ride on it :)

Thanks...

--
Shamil