[AccessD] Access 2007

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jan 9 22:22:54 CST 2008

LOL, yea I hear you.  I am very impressed with .Net.  The real question
though is "does it run BETTER on vista than XP Pro?  Faster?  More security?
Fewer bugs in the OS itself?

I very much believe that Vista will someday, probably someday soon now, be
"as good as" XP or even better.  I am patient in this regard.  I can wait
until the early adopters shake the bugs out for me.  Likewise Office 2007.
It is truly annoying that they did not allow me the ability to turn off the
ribbons in Access.  In this regard I simply have no choice.  My clients
dictate what they use by their refusal to move to a higher resolution
screen.  It comes back to money, the small companies are tight fisted and
replacing 50 employees monitors with 19" screens so that they can have a
ribbon bar at the top is a non-starter for them.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting