[AccessD] Access 2007

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Fri Jan 11 02:12:57 CST 2008

jwcolby wrote:
> ROTFL.  Which implies there are way more important things to direct my
> disquiet at?

  :-)  Well yes.  Like if the grand plan is that we need to mess with
XML and all that in order to control the Ribbon interface, why isn't
there an ribbon customising tool built in?

> At least now I know that I can overcome this obstacle should I need to and
> apparently force my client to pay me a largish sum of money to learn how to
> do it as well.  Cool!  Forcing my client to pay me largish sums to get what
> they already had is a good thing!

All joking aside, John, I am not going to advocate doing something in
Access 2007 just because you can.  I can't think of any reason why you
would try to move your clients to Access 2007 if they get the same as
they've already got.  The only reason to consider the move, as far as I
am concernned, is if there is desirable functionality specific to Access
2007 that you or they want to take advantage of.

Regards
Steve