[AccessD] Poll: Who's using Vista

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Jan 11 09:54:23 CST 2008

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

But I do not use it that often because main projects are in .NET.
Although my elder son, who is in the college now and he uses my notebook
with Vista and MS Office 2007 every day - and he is happy with it. And I do
use it when in business trips or for crush testing as a test-bed. I have it
since last year spring and I have not seen any major issues with them all:
DELL notebook, Vista Ultimate (from MSDN Prof.) and MS Office 2007, and
VS2005 Prof and MS SQL 2000 and 2005 and quite some other software, as well
as custom software, one set of which are add-ins for VB6, MS Access/Excel,
VS2003/2005 developed software - all run well on Vista, and I do stress-test
very heavily the software I develop...

No any major issue with add-ins for MS Access 2007/Excel 2007 running on
Vista Ultimate...

When used in business trip at customer site I used MS Office 2007/Excel 2007
a lot and I found them very good - I'd not mind to develop with them but my
current customer do prefer .NET because of the kind of software we currently
develop together but I do see that MS Access 2007/Excel 2007/Work 2007 etc.
can be used in some applications for this customer - yes, MS SharePoint
bound very probably...

No any major issue with .NET 2.0 custom software running on Vista with MS
SQL 2000 or MS SQL 2005 under ASP.NET 2.0 or as separate
applications/utilities: all that software is a real business ASP.NET 2.0
site with all that VLL, BLL, DAL.... layers, providers...

--
Shamil