[AccessD] VBA going away (Not for 10 more years - at least)

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Tue Jan 15 15:37:03 CST 2008

Per MS's support web site, they have stopped issuing new licenses to other
software companies who wanted to use VBA in their applications.

The latest app to include VBA is Office 2007.  MS will provide support for
VBA for 10 years after that.  The first 5 is mainstream support, the next 5
is extended support, and then 'Self-Help' support after that (reading their
existing website pages related to VBA).  MS does not 'guarantee' that VBA
will work on one of their OS's after 2017, be I would guess that it will for
quite some time after that.

I don't have the MS web site, but it wasn't hard to find.

Dan