[AccessD] SQL INSERT Question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:04:00 CST 2008

The easiest way to find a syntax error is to define a string variable to
hold the evaulated statement and then run a Debug.Print -- it is such a good
idea that I never run an evaluated string any other way

strSQL = "INSERT INTO tEvictionCasesTemp1 ( UDCaseID, Note ) " & _
>                 "SELECT " & RS(0) & ", '" & RS(10) & "'"
Debug.Print strSQL
DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL

IF you can't find the error by viewing it in the Immediate window, paste it
into a SQL window and run it to get more specific clues as to the real
problem.

BTW, INSERT INTO needs a FROM clause:

INSERT INTO target
SELECT *
FROM source

Using this syntax, target and source may share the same structure.

Susan H.

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tEvictionCasesTemp1 ( UDCaseID, Note ) " & _