[AccessD] Mail Merge

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Jan 23 14:15:51 CST 2008

My current attempt, which I think used to work, looks like this:

    Dim objWordDoc As Word.Document
    Dim objWord As Object

    Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

    With objWord
        'Visible is set True in order to view the operation.
        .Visible = True
        .Documents.Open (strDocName)
        .ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
        .ActiveDocument.MailMerge.SuppressBlankLines = True
        .ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Execute
    End With

 It blows up on "    .ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Destination =
wdSendToNewDocument"  with an error "Requested Object is not Available".

If there's a simple fix to this that would be great.  The word doc opens up
just fine, BTW.

Rocky