[AccessD] Mail Merge

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Jan 24 08:56:42 CST 2008

Dear List:

I'm still struggling with this word merge thing.  The code I'm looking at I
thought was working previously.  I cribbed it right out of Balter's
Mastering Access 97 Development. I'm using A2K3.  No references missing.

It's not very much code. strDocName contains a valid document and it
actually opens:

    Dim objWord As Object

    Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

    With objWord
        'Visible is set True in order to view the operation.
        .Visible = True
        .Documents.Open (strDocName)
        .ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument
        .ActiveDocument.MailMerge.SuppressBlankLines = True
        .ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Execute
    End With

 It blows up on "    .ActiveDocument.MailMerge.Destination =
wdSendToNewDocument"  with an error "Requested Object is not Available".

I've had this 'Object Not Available' problem before but due to my advanced
age cannot remember what the fix is.

Does anyone have a hint why this is failing at that point?

MTIA,

Rocky